|Dr. Phillip R. Fehlandt,
TACOMA ORCHID SOCIETY FOUNDER
Philip Raymer Fehlandt,
- PhD. Professor of Chemistry A.B., Ripon College 1922.
- A.M. University of Wisconsin, 1930 and Ph.D, 1934.
- Assistant Instructor, University of Wisconsin, 1929-34.
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Wittenberg College, 1934-37.
- USA Chemical Warfare Service, 1942-46 and Fulbright Appointment to Burma, 1951-52.
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry, College of Puget Sound [UPS], 1937-38.
- Associate Professor, 1938-40; Professor, 1940-1965.
The 1965 Tamanawas school yearbook has a one page tribute to Dr. Feldandt on page 35 that reads:
"Dr. Fehlandt. who retired this year after twenty-seven years of service to
the department and the university, has witnessed tremendous changes in the
sciences during his interesting career. Also, progressing, there is little
about this university that has not been changed significantly within the
years he has taught at UPS. Among many of his students who have gone on to
further successes in chemistry and related fields, this year Alan Hart and
John Lawrence are cited for having received assistantships for cintiniung
their education toward graduate degrees at the University of Arizona and
Purdue University, respectively."
Article Written By Dr. Philip R. Fehlandt